Perched on a sunny plateau in the heart of the mountains, with its slate-roofed chalets, Verbier has carefully maintained its charm as an alpine village. This is the gateway to the 4 Vallées ski area – with nearly 100 lifts and more than 400 km of ski runs for all levels of expertise at your feet.
A freeride paradise, the resort is a must for skiers and snowboarders from all over the world, at night, the town is transformed by the best nightlife in the Alps, offering an array of bars, restaurants and clubs to satisfy the most discerning diners and the wildest ‘party animals’.
December 02, 2017 – April 29, 2018
The 4 Vallées (1,103-3,300m) is the largest ski area in Switzerland, and connects the resorts of Verbier, La Tzoumaz and Bruson as well as Nendaz, Veysonnaz and Thyon. The highest point in the area is the Mont-Fort Glacier (3,330m) which offers a panoramic view over the Matterhorn and the Mont-Blanc range. The area is ideal for all levels of skiers – beginners will enjoy the gentle slopes especially in the resort, while experts can let themselves go on the runs as well as on legendary groomed freeride itineraries.
Verbier offers a great selection of accommodation with over 24 hotels ranging from 3 star & 5 star, several apartments and a superb selection of chalet accommodation including some of the best luxury chalets in the Alps with services and prices to match. Almost wherever you stay, a morning bus ride or hike uphill is required to access the main lifts..
Probably famous for this particularity alone, après-ski and the name Verbier always enter the conversation in the same breath! Verbier is rightly acclaimed as the nightlife capital of the Alps and the Mont-Fort Pub, Le Fer à Cheval and the Offshore enjoy the same renown as the slopes themselves. For concerts and bands, try out the Après-Ski at the Farinet, not to mention hotspots like Le Rouge, Le Mouton Noir and Off-Piste at the W.
The Farm Club is a genuine institution in the resort and has existed for more than 40 years. Other clubs offer evenings with DJs and music of all genres. Don’t miss: The Carve, Twin Peaks and the Etoile Rouge Supper Club.
- December – Opening Session The whole of Verbier celebrates the first day of the season with concerts.
- January – Freeride World Tour Qualifier Week Verbier – Bruson – La Tzoumaz qualifying competitions – Freeride World Qualifier 2* and 3* – on 6 different sites in the destination. freerideworldtour.com
- February – Ski-Mountaineering World Championships Verbier – Val de Bagnes International competition with the best athletes in the discipline
- March – Xtreme Verbier by Swatch® Verbier becomes the world freeride capital, bringing together public and professionals around a shared passion. Screenings of freeride films on giant screens, base jumping shows, autograph sessions with riders and a large number of stands bringing the centre of the resort to life. freerideworldtour.com
- Big Sledding Party La Tzoumaz Final stage of the Valais Luge Trophy latzoumaz.ch
- April – Verbier High Five by Carlsberg Open competitions (giant slalom, mini KL and ski cross) with many stars taking part
|Languages spoken||German, French, Italian|
|Currency used||CHF (Swiss Franc)|
|Linked ski area|
The 4 Vallées: Verbier, La Tzoumaz, Bruson, Nendaz, Veysonnaz & Thyon.
412 km of slopes
118 runs (8 greens, 35 blues, 65 reds, 10 blacks)
|Number of lifts||92|