The film star Julie Andrews once phrased “Gstaad is the last paradise in a crazy world”.
Indeed this famous words are dedicated to the stunning alpine panorama, to the earthiness charme of the gorgeous village and the glamorous scenery between the snowy mountains and peaceful lakes of Gstaad. Surrounded by more than 200 km of diversified ski trails, Gstaad is one of the favored winter sport destination for families and couples worldwide.
December 14, 2019 – March 29, 2020 (Glacier 3000: November 09, 2019 – May 03, 2020)
Discover the diversity the fun way – by cable car and lift. The holiday region of Gstaad symbolises all-round winter fun set in a magnificent Alpine world at a height of between 1,000 and 3,000 metres. Visitors just love this ski area with its 200 km of beautifully groomed slopes, its many superb pistes and Glacier 3000, the only glacier ski area in the Bernese Oberland.
The holiday region of Gstaad is considered one of the most luxurious destinations in Switzerland. Visitors to this region experience top quality and diverse services in all areas. Alpine authenticity, proudly maintained traditions
and a touch of glamour give the destination a special flair which makes Gstaad so refreshingly different from the rest of the world. In spite of the brand’s enormous prestigious value, Gstaad has remained down-to-earth.
The holiday destination of Gstaad offers bons vivants a wide range of delicacies. More than 100 restaurants, pubs and bars with very different types of cuisine ensure the well-being of their guests.
- Traditional Swiss cuisine: 107 establishments
- Raclette and fondue: 68 establishments
- Italian cuisine and pizza: 25 establishments
- Asian cuisine: 7 establishments
- Mountain inns and restaurants: 28 establishments
- Gourmet restaurants with Gault&Millau points: 17 (a total of 256 points)
- Gourmet restaurants with Guide Michelin stars: 4
- Christmas markets in Saanen (6th Dec 2018)
- 13th New Year Music Festival – A classic music festival with concerts in different locations in the Saanenland and Pays-d’Enhaut. (28 Dec to 06 Jan 2019).
- Snow Bike Festival (January) – The Snow Bike Festival will take place from January 24th to 27th 2019 in Gstaad, Switzerland. The world’s first and only UCI race on snow guarantees thrilling racing, a great atmosphere and breathless scenery.
- International Balloon Festival in Châteux-d’Oex – most important Alpine balloon event with about 90 hot-air balloons in a variety of shapes and colours (January).
- Sommets Musicaux de Gstaad – intimate festival of classical music in spring (January/February).
- Ride on Music on the ski slopes of Schönried and Saanenmnöser – a 4-day music festival (March).
|Languages spoken||German, French, Italian|
|Currency used||CHF (Swiss Franc)|
Geneva airport: 2 hrs
|Resort altitude||1,050 m|
200 km of slopes in 3 sectors
|Number of lifts||47|