A Top Snow Travel Selection of 10 Winter Experiences in the French Alps
While skiing may be the main attraction in winter for Aussies visiting the French Alps, there are many other experiences to be enjoyed, to suit all tastes and ages!
1. Chamonix – Mer de Glace. Take the famous rack and pinion Montenvers railway through the snowy pine forests from Chamonix to 1913m. Tour the Ice Cave in the heart of the glacier, visit the Glaciorium and then indulge in mountain cuisine at the Grand Hotel du Montenvers, built in 1880 and oozing the history and character of the Alps.
2. Val Thorens – whilst not as high as the Tyrolienne in Orelle at 3230m, the new zipline is a whopping 1.6km long, 65m above the ground and takes 2 people. It leaves from the top of the Moutier chair lift back to the resort.
3. Val d’Isere – clip into your seat belt and learn how to drive on snow and ice in a range of vehicle types at 1850m.
4. The Courchevel Moriond Racing Luge. Experience the 3km track dropping 450m in to the village of Courchevel Moriand through tunnels, over bridges and around bends! Children under 1.4m need to be accompanied by an adult so it is an ideal and thrilling family activity.
5. Morzine Avoriaz snow mobile rides. Join family and friends on a snowmobile ride and discover the panorama of the resort and the valley of Morzine from a different perspective as night falls.
6. Meribel – Dog Sledding. Be in charge of your own sled with 3-4 dogs to manage, in the Altiport forest over flat and hilly terrain! This is an energetic and rewarding experience.
7. Shopping and why not! Megeve has always been one of the most fashionable resorts in the Alps and the shopping is high end and luxurious in the glamorous shopping precinct.
8. Courchevel – guided snow shoe walks. Take a full day trip with lunch at an authentic mountain restaurant or a rustic refuge. Learn about the local environment and experience the peace and quiet away from the resort.
9. Visit the Beaufort Cheese Factory in Meribel. The Savoie Region is famous for cheese and you can learn more about the fabrication by visiting one of the co-operatives or farms in this area that showcase their cheesy offerings.
10. Le Grand Bornand – hot air ballooning. Take an hour-long flight and discover the highest peaks of the Aravis massif and the Mont Blanc country with the horizon of the Mont Blanc massif.
Top Snow Travel has the widest range of ski holiday packages for the Australian traveller wishing to experience all that the French Alps can offer. See www.topsnowtravel.com.au for further info.
Need help from a France ski travel expert for a complete ski package with winter experiences included?
Thanks to the local knowledge and expertise of Top Snow Travel’s consultants, we can guide you in choosing the perfect seemless ski holiday in France for your family or group.
Top Snow Travel is based in Australia using AUD currency which makes it ideal for our clients who wish to simply pick up the phone and get some help without worrying of the difference time zone and other currency.
Call us and talk to an expert on: 1300 803 156 or visit our website: topsnowtravel.com.au
#Franceskitravelexperts #Franceskipackages #Winterexperience #elevateyourskiholidays