Top 20 French Ski Resorts
For over 30 years, the stunning French ski resorts have been personally explored, experienced and tested by our snow travel experts and co-founder of Top Snow Travel, Gilles Riou. He has personally skied over 60 ski resorts world-wide, including 30+ resorts in France alone.
We can say with 100% confidence that the experts at Top Snow Travel know what it takes to create an amazing ski holiday experience at world-class ski resorts
Let Top Snow Travel help you elevate your ski holidays!
Get A Free Copy Of Our Guide
5 Must See French Ski Resorts That Will Blow Your Mind
These stunning world class ski resorts have been personally explored, visited, tried and tested by our snow travel experts and we want you to experience them.Download Now
Get Your FREE Guide
Enter your full name & email address to get your copy
"5 MUST SEE FRENCH SKI RESORTS THAT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND"
Your information is 100% secure with us and will never be shared.
Top Snow Travel is Australia’s leading France ski holidays travel company
Discover the joy and excitement of winter in the French Alps and elevate your next ski holidays with Top Snow Travel.
Whether your idea of the perfect winter holiday is a gathering of family and friends in a cosy, private, alpine chalet complete with private butler and French chef; or experiencing the thrill of a backcountry skiing adventure through the iconic landscapes and limitless tracks of the French Alps..
Top Snow Travel can help you curate the perfect France snow holiday for you and your private group.Learn more
Ski In France
Why choose France Ski Holidays?
- France has the world’s biggest snowfields, with 7 out of 10 of the world’s largest interconnected ski areas. The biggest, The Three Valleys, has over 600kms of linked runs and the longest ski route in the world is The Vallee Blanche at Chamonix.
- Each year millions of Euros are spent on all the resorts upgrading the lifts and resort infrastructure. This reassures visitors that the facilities remains both safe and state of the art.
- Because many of the French ski resorts are located at high altitudes, they have reliable snow conditions and longer seasons – some even go from late November through to the beginning of May.
- Ski schools in France have the highest qualified instructors and mountain guides in the world, many of whom are English-speaking.
- The French Alps are great value for money. The lift passes are cheaper than most countries and great deals can be had for January ski packages, since it’s low season in France even though it’s school holiday high season in Australia.
- There are over 350+ ski resorts to choose from, catering to all tastes and budgets. Top Snow has helped simplify the choice for you – we have selected only our top 20 French ski resorts for our offering.
Where To Stay
Choosing Your Accommodation
France has a great variety of resorts to suit all requirements from charming traditional villages, to high altitude glacier skiing, to family friendly resorts. Each ski resort has its own dominant style or styles of accommodation including:
- Serviced hotels, with or without meals
- Self-catering apartments
- Private alpine chalets, both catered and self-catering
- Wellness spas and retreats
- All of the above from affordable to luxury
How to Get to the Ski Fields in France
The fastest way to the French Alps
The most direct way to get to the French Alps from Australia is to fly into Geneva airport or Lyon airport, both serviced by premium airline Emirates offering economy, business and first-class travel (see video).
The French Alps can also be reached by Eurostar from London or Brussels and by TGV fast speed train from Paris.
On our resort pages, we advise which airport or train station is best to arrive at for each individual ski resort, as well as the time it takes to get from there to your destination of choice.LEARN MORE
Need More Help?
Our website is the best place to start your planning journey.
- Discover and choose from the top 20 French ski resorts. Our resources include stats, videos, ski maps, seasons and more
- Get inspiration from our blog posts or peruse our FAQs
- Choose your accommodation from the widest range and styles available, far more than any other Australian ski holiday specialist has on offer.
- Request a quote or book online. But if you would like to talk with a France ski travel specialist today, call us on 1300 803 156. Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a telephone appointment and we will call at a time that suits you. Then to fine tune your snow holiday package or seek further advice, contact the France ski travel experts at Top Snow Travel!